Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ethically fashionable

Last weekend, I went on a mall crawl to Natick Mall and found a very delicately charming dress.

(www.lipstick-boutique.com)


Being a mere mortal, I started putting accessories together for this dress for a vintage look.  This led to a greater thought.  What is right?  Buy a piece that is ethically produced or buy a piece that talks to us. Eventually, I realized that the definition of right is as abstract as fashion itself.

Right or not, what if I wanted to go with conscious choice for this dress.

Since, Stella McCartney is high-end, my instant pick was Vera Bradley wine color Framed bag, made out of fabric.
Vera Bradley Framed Bag
And a nice man-made or Faux leather Boots from Aerosoles.
This triggered another stream of thoughts.  What are the other alternatives for vegan or eco-friendly accessories?  After some excursions to Malls and lot of time in the internet, I figured that, there are few great vegan designers like Sugandh, his collections GUNAS, and Helen, her collections Helen Riegle, who has elegant and appealing pieces to showcase.

Other fashion houses like Big Buddha, Tyler Rodan and Franco Sarto provide some beautiful vegan bags.

Floral handbag from Big Buddha
Tyler Rodan Floral Shoulder Bag

I found beautiful pieces like the one in red in Etsy.
Beautiful shoulder bag from Etsy

Also in shoe department, I found quite a lot of pieces that are faux-leather.  If the choice is high-end fashion, Stella McCartney has a beautiful collection of vegan boots like the one in tan.














If we are in the look out for an affordable fashion, Old Navy carry a beautiful black, knee high, faux leather boots.

Finally, I could go to bed in peace, knowing that whatever my choice is, options are endless............







5 comments:

  1. I was not bold enough to try vintage look. Your mix and match accessories make it easy ,so will try it for next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the option of vegan options :) There is always a certain charm in wearing vintage, personally i love old hollywood vintage but love plaid too, good find with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vegan bags .it gives a fresh,peppy look for this spring I would like to try for this spring

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great dress and your accessory ideas are not only inspired but it is nice to know that we have good options that appease one's conscience as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plaid wouldn't be my personal choice but your accessory ideas made me think again! Love the vegan options!

    ReplyDelete